Partners of the Americas (Partners) is seeking an entry-level Membership Officer to support the membership associate director in overall member management, focusing on building capacity of its PartnersCampus Student Network, and implementation of programs that relate to membership engagement. Partners of the Americas administers a robust membership base comprised of Chapters (traditional, student chapters, associate chapters), affiliate organizations, and individuals. Our members are a core element of Partners of the Americas as they promote people-to-people exchanges, create development projects and initiatives to solve some of the toughest issues in Latin America in collaboration with one another, and support the creation/expansion capacity of study abroad and exchange programs among institutions of higher education in both the U.S. and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Provides the administrative support for the Membership Unit – such as management of content, timelines, research, and communication for Partners events and membership specific activities.
- Assists in the promotion of membership-related products/services including virtual events, workshops, publications, and resources.
- Coordinates support and logistics for member (including individual member leaders) cultivation, engagement, recognition, trainings, publications, and communications designed to build capacity of the member organizations, including orientation, and onboarding new members.
- Manages technical aspects of products and services to members, including management and updates of communities of practice generated information on discussion forums and networks.
- Assists with implementation of the Education and Culture Program and PartnersCampus Student Chapter Network as it relates to membership.
- Assists with program reports.
- Monitors and evaluates the progress of projects and that objectives are met.
- Writes columns on membership in newsletters and social media.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and knowledge (or willingness to learn) e-mail marketing platforms, database management, and virtual platforms
- Strong cross-cultural/interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent English and Spanish speaking, writing, and communications skills; Portuguese and/or French a plus
- Must possess current legal status to be able to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s in international relations or similar a plus
- Prior experience working with student-led service organizations, study abroad/international volunteering programs, student association management, or other relevant fields
- Prior travel or work in Latin America
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Membership Unit at email@example.com. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.