The Director for Economic Development and Health will provide support with the implementation of an agriculture and food security program in Venezuela. The Director will ensure programmatic and financial compliance with the award. This position reports to the Vice President of Economic Development and Health.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage the overall F2F Venezuela budget;
- Hire and train qualified Venezuela staff;
- Directly supervise HQ staff;
- Lead start-up and closeout procedures for the field office(s);
- Monitor project(s) to ensure contractual and financial compliance, as well as achievement of project deliverables and impact;
- Monitor field office budget and reporting, conducting random spot checks and audits;
- Manage subcontractor contractual and technical deliverables;
- Deliver in-person trainings and webinars to HQ and field staff;
- Maintain electronic filing system of all program documentation and deliverables;
- Ensure delivery of high-quality M&E plan, annual reports, mid-year performance reports, work plans, technical reports, internal and external program evaluations, sub-award technical reports, special studies, and other reports agreed upon with the donor;
- Support EDH business development opportunities as requested;
- Serve on the Senior Management Team, providing critical feedback and contributions; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
- Master’s degree in international development or a related field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal rules and regulations as it pertains to cooperative agreements;
- Experience with personnel management;
- Ability to work and lead teams in a multicultural setting;
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and strong attention to detail;
- Minimum of seven years of experience working in grants management; and
- Strong oral and writing skills in English and Spanish.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Moscarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.