Partners of the Americas (POA) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Accountant, AP/AR. Reporting to the CFO and the Controller, the Accountant I (AP/AR) is responsible for performing all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions following GAAP standards and audit requirements. The Accountant will provide support to and coordination with program and administrative managers and other staff to ensure smooth functioning of the accounting unit. Full Spanish fluency is required.
- Process accounts payable and cash disbursements – create and process ACH and wire payments using electronic payment media. Issue and distribute A/P checks and wire confirmations to payees. Process all other types of payments and disbursements in accordance with POA policies and procedures.
- Prepare and record semi-monthly payroll journal entries.
- Process accounts receivable - create and issue invoices, enter in accounting system, apply payments and maintain AR schedules.
- Processing and recording of all cash receipts including bank deposits, incoming ACH bank transactions and incoming wires.
- Process and audit staff and volunteer expense reports and reimbursements
- Prepare journal entries and distributions.
- Prepare cash flow projections based on the bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Prepare monthly AP & AR aging reports.
- Manage petty cash fund and replenishment.
- Process Premiere travel invoices and create distribution reports and reconcile throughout the year.
- Record monthly bank fees.
- Pay and reconcile corporate credit cards.
- Prepare monthly departmental and/or Funder grant reports as assigned.
- Responsible for filing, organization and maintenance of all cash receipt and disbursement files.
- Provide quarterly/yearly training for staff members on updated and current payment processing policies and procedures.
- Support the Finance Office and staff in its core functions and day-to-day operations.
- Research and resolve incoming/outgoing payment discrepancies with vendors, program teams and administrative staff.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and other ongoing tasks as needed.
- Responsible for the organization and filing of incoming/outgoing payment documentation and other accounting documents in SharePoint and vendor files.
- Post or import applicable GL transactions into accounting software.
- Prepare binders, files, etc. for accounting files.
- Assist with preparing annual file transfer to offsite storage facility. Maintain Accounting master file list
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience in not-for-profit/fund accounting preferred (substitute accounting coursework).
- Knowledge or familiarity with not-for-profit accounting software preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency using Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products preferred.
- Desirable but not required: Knowledge of Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 – Cost Principles.
- Desirable but not required: Knowledge of MIP Abila Accounting software.
- Desirable but not required: Proficient in Spanish.
- Ability to travel internationally (*once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted).
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship in the future, required
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to POAHR@partners.net. Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only finalists will be contacted, please no calls.