I wish you all a wonderful 2019. This past year we were able to accomplish so much through your support:
• Multiple chapters celebrated 50 years of partnership and we now have over 100 chapters improving their communities and individuals.
• We strengthened and built new partnerships at the 2018 Higher Education Partnership Conference in Cartagena, Colombia, with over 200 participants from 8 countries and 103 higher education institutions. At What Works 2018, 115 change-agents gathered in San Antonio, Texas, from 27 Chapters and eight countries to power greater connectivity across the Partners network.
• Our Economic Development and Health Team won the USAID-funded 5-year $11.25 million Farmer-to-Farmer program, which will field 665 volunteers.
• Our Education and Global Citizenship Unit launched five 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund grant competitions with over $1.5 million in grant funding awarded to 132 higher education institutions.
• Our Child Protection Unit won $7.4 million in funding from the U.S. Department of Labor to continue their work in the eradication of child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking in Latin America.
These accomplishments are a testament to the dedication and motivation of our volunteers and members.
Thanks to your efforts, the Partners of the Americas staff launched a five year Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 to strengthen our vision and core values. At What Works 2018, participants gave their feedback on how to foster innovation and creativity. Partners staff and Board Members will meet in the Spring to further develop the road map to support our mission and goals. This is a living document and we welcome any feedback on how we can go from good to great.
We are excited to keep this momentum going into 2019.
I hope you will join me in making this the best year yet for Partners.