Throughout each phase of your PIP experience our team of mentors strives to foster your professional growth. PIP is a 40 hour per week commitment, and your time is devoted to the following:
Professional Internship – 30 hours per week approx.
- During the selection process your skills and interests will be revealed and matched with a field or program area that ignites your professional growth. Your supervisor will collaborate with you to develop your job description and learning plan, oversee your performance and provide constructive feedback.
Leadership Training – 4 hours per week approx.
- A mix of face-to-face seminars with our President and CEO, Steve Vetter, work style assessments, readings, reflections and workshops form the basis of your leadership training program.
Project Development – 4 hours per week approx.
- To develop your skills in the areas of grant writing and program development, you will design a service project to implement in your community. Project development will be streamlined through a formal proposal writing competition. The winner(s) of the competition will be invited to attend one of Partners’ regional peer-learning events to present their projects. In 2014, our winner won a trip to attend our 50th Anniversary Convention in Brazil. This year that could be you!
Enrichment Activities – 2 hours per week approx.
- These activities take the form of workshops on topics that range from public speaking to fundraising, VIP access to local events with heads of state and foreign dignitaries, historic tours, language courses, sporting events and more.
Follow On – varies
- As graduates of the President’s Internship Program, you become members of our ever-growing network of over 11,000 Partners’ program alumni, enabling you to:
- Partner with us on local projects
- Access exclusive job and fellowship opportunities
- Connect with experts and community leaders in your field(s) of interest