Terms of Reference: Executive Administrative Officer (EAO)
Department: Office of the President & CEO / Reports To: President & CEO
As a growing organization, Partners is looking for someone to support the President’s Office and to manage the Human Resources (HR) and Facilities Management functionalities. This person will report directly to the President & CEO.
2. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The EAO will be working to support the Office of the President & CEO and under the direct supervision of the President & CEO. His/her duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with the President & CEO to set priorities, work activities and tasks to be completed
- Develop / maintain a manual and electronic filing system of key items for programming and operations
- When directed, schedule interviews and pertinent meetings per the President & CEO
- In conjunction with the President & CEO, prepare reports to Board of Directors
- Address HR issues appropriately and confidentially in conjunction with the President & CEO
- Assist and provide new staff with HR Orientation
- Assist President & CEO with hiring and termination process as requested
- Manage benefits for employees
- Maintain office equipment and leases and report issues to appropriate vendor
- Report facilities management issues to the landlord promptly
- Replenish office supplies and oversee all office management
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of special events such as fund raisers, anniversary celebrations, education and health awareness functions, holiday parties, and others as determined by the President & CEO
- Update and manage the Administrative Calendar and President & CEO Calendar.
- Perform clerical functions such as handling correspondence, documents, writing letters and handling incoming mail
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
3. Key Requirements
- University degree in a subject of relevance for the position or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related area, preferably in an international development environment
- Knowledge and experience at human resource management;
- Well-developed skills in setting priorities, coordinating tasks and a pro-active approach to work;
- Clear communication skills in a multicultural team;
- Excellent organizational, management and analytical skills;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in a multicultural environment;
- Great customer service skills: Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and service oriented;
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and write routine reports;
- Fully computer literate; utilize the computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Email and Global system;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required; language proficiency in Portuguese and French also preferred.
4. Location / Agreement
The holder of the position will be required to work out of Partners International Office in Washington, DC.
Salaries and benefits of the EAO will be in accordance with the standard policy for the appropriate position at Partners and will be subject to the annual performance review process.
6. Application Rules
Qualified candidates are invited to send their cover letter and CV (both in English) by August 25th, 2017 by e-mail to JMcPhail@partners.net. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by September 6th, 2017.
7. Other important competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to staff needs; solicits staff feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.