Partners of the Americas (Partners), a private voluntary organization engaged in development in the Western Hemisphere, seeks a Colombia Field Officer for its USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer Program in Colombia. The objective of the Farmer-to-Farmer Program is to improve economic opportunities in rural areas of Latin America and the Caribbean by increasing food production and distribution and promoting better farm and marketing operations. Projects in specific countries focus on select agricultural commodity chains, and US volunteers provide specific technical assistance to small and medium producers, agro-processors and others working at all levels of these chains. The Farmer-to-Farmer Program blends two goals: providing people-to-people level exchanges and promoting sustainable economic growth and development.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Field Officer will perform a range of services in support of program activities. The Field Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and working with organizations that will receive volunteers under the Rural Enterprise Development Strategy;
- Developing clearly defined and detailed volunteer scopes of work;
- Ensuring that projects and volunteer assignments correspond to the work plan and meet Farmer-to-Farmer and Partners program standards;
- Accompanying volunteers while on assignment;
- Providing pre-assignment and post-assignment assistance to host organizations participating in the program, and working closely with host organizations while volunteers are in-country;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality and impact of volunteer assignments and projects;
- Representing the Farmer-to-Farmer program and coordinating with USAID and other stakeholders as indicated by the Country Director; and
- Other related duties as specified by the Country Director.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be Colombian citizen living in Bogotá;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- A degree in agriculture, rural development, economics, business, or other relevant subject;
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in agriculture sector;
- Valid driver’s license for at least three years;
- Ability to understand terms used in microfinance and agriculture lending projects; and
- Ability to carry and/or operate equipment pertaining to agriculture.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to Michael Moscarelli at email@example.com, with “Colombia Field Officer” in the subject heading.