The Associate Director, New Business Development position is based in Washington, DC and will provide support to the Strategic Alliances and Communications Unit in implementing the outreach strategy, leading new business opportunities, and responding to solicitations and requests for proposals from the U.S. government (USG), corporate foundations, and other funding sources. The Associate Director, New Business Development will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Alliances and Communications, and work closely with junior level, mid-level, and senior staff to pursue funding opportunities at all stages of the new business development process including opportunity identification, intelligence gathering and donor cultivation, and proposal/concept paper development.
The Associate Director, New Business Development candidate must have demonstrated capacity to lead a team in successful business development from government agencies, with additional demonstrated capacity preferable for corporations and foundations. While the Associate Director will work with teams to develop proposals, he or she must be comfortable leading all stages of the proposal process including pre-positioning, technical writing, budget development, compliance, and managing consultants, among others. He or she must be able to make sound decisions based on precedent and procedure, multi-task well, manage program teams focused on multiple priorities, identify and solve problems effectively, and have excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong proposal development skills and experience coordinating proposal development processes with public donors including USAID, U.S. Department of State, USDOL, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and preferably with private donors, including foundations and/or other donors.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as experience developing budgets for new business opportunities.
- Strong problem-solving ability, outstanding interpersonal skills, and strong cross-cultural communication.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
The Associate Director, New Business Development functions include
- Provide leadership and collaborate closely with other program units regarding donor cultivation and proposal development per the units’ priorities and initiatives, particularly USG funding opportunities.
- Lead strategies, technical proposal design, and proposal development processes.
- Lead and/or support writing and editing technical documents for new opportunities including proposals, capability statements, and other documents.
- Lead and/or support the preparation of budgets and accompanying budget narratives.
- Provide oversight to ensure proposals comply with donor requirements.
- Gather intelligence for upcoming opportunities, including travel to gather information, and research.
- Identify and communicate Partners' impact and value by producing high-quality proposals, contributing to website content development, and working with program/administrative unit staff to create/update supporting materials for proposals and outreach.
- Recruit new business consultants and drafting agreements.
- Advance opportunities that engage our network of volunteers, chapters, and member organizations across Latin America and the Caribbean and other geographical areas, as needed.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office with occasional travel. The Associate Director, New Business Development will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Alliances and Communications.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Executive Administrative Officer, Renata Torres at email@example.com.
Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.