Career Connections: Seminars for U.S. Exchange Alumni
Market your international exchange experience to shape your career path!
Career Connections seminars bring together U.S. alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs with expert career coaches, professionals from diverse fields, and international leaders. Whether you're changing careers, looking to advance, or just starting out, these seminars provide invaluable opportunities to network with leaders in your community.
With plans in motion for the January 29-31 seminar in Austin, we’re excited to share more opportunities coming to soon Seattle and DC! Be sure to follow International Exchange Alumni on Facebook and Twitter for when you can apply to participate.
Career Connections gives you a chance to:
- Polish your resume with input from experienced professionals in your field of interest
- Meet with seasoned diplomats and explore pathways to careers with the U.S. Government
- Learn how to translate the skills gained through your exchange to the job market
- Develop your personal brand and define your digital presence with a new headshot
- Connect with fellow exchange alumni and expert speakers to grow your professional network
There are two ways to take part in Career Connections: as a participant or a presenter!
- U.S. citizen alumni (18-35 years old) of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs
- Must have availability to participate in all seminar activities
- Note that all participants are responsible for financing their travel to and from seminars. See the Career Connections FAQ for more information about program costs.
Visit the What to Expect page to see previous seminar agendas and speaker bios.
Are you a mid-career professional exchange alumna/us? Join us as a presenter and share your best practices in career building and how to translate your international skills to the job market with fellow exchange alumni!
- Mid-career professional (no age ceiling)
- Can present on best practices in career building, with a focus on how to translate skills gained abroad into career opportunities
Ready to get started? Follow International Exchange Alumni on Facebook and Twitter to get updates on where we'll be hosting the next seminar. Join the conversation by using #CareerConnections and #ExchangeAlumni!
Career Connections is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by Partners of the Americas in partnership with the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.