Career Connections: Seminars for U.S. Exchange Alumni
Regional professional development seminars coming soon to a city near you!
You completed a U.S. government sponsored exchange program, gaining new skills and a new perspective on the world. Now that you’re back in the U.S., what will you do with your experience? Welcome to Career Connections!
Through Career Connections, you will:
- Learn how to effectively translate your exchange experience toward your field of interest
- Participate in hands-on skills development workshops to map your career
- Meet fellow exchange alumni
- Hear from expert speakers and trainers
- Grow your professional network
Are you a mid-career professional exchange alumna/us? Share your best practices in career building and how to translate your international skills to the job market with fellow exchange alumni! Stay tuned to apply to be a presenter at our next seminar.
Note that all participants are responsible for financing their travel to and from seminars. Some participants will receive complimentary lodging. Lunch is included for all participants. See the Career Connections FAQ for more information.
- All U.S. Citizens (18 – 35 years old) who are alumni of U.S. government-sponsored people-to-people exchange programs are eligible to apply;
- Full availability to participate in all activities of the two-day seminar.
- Mid-career professional (no age ceiling);
- Can speak about best practices in career building, with a focus on how to translate skills gained abroad into successes at home.
Career Connections is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, and implemented by Partners of the Americas in partnership with the Bureau of Cultural and Educational Affairs at State.