Partners of the Americas invites you to be a part of this special event on Higher Education Partnership, where you will meet with decision makers representing higher education institutions from across the Americas and build strong, new partnerships for the internationalization of your campus community.
This year’s event will highlight the theme of workforce development, with special focus on building international partnerships between the technical/vocational institutions that serve and prepare tomorrow’s workforce.
- Community colleges
- Technical / vocational schools and institutes
- Government-run workforce development agencies
- 4-year colleges and universities with strong focus on workforce development
Who should attend? If you are involved in forming international partnerships or implementing international programs at your institution, then this conference is for you.
What sets this event apart?
- More than 50% of conference time dedicated to coached, interactive partnership building sessions
- designed to produce advanced partnerships ready for implementation
- Unique focus on workforce development
- On site partnership building support from experts in higher education partnerships
- Rich panel discussions and trainings on the common hurdles and creative solutions to challenges in partnership building
- Pre- and post-event networking activities and one-on-one meeting scheduling supported by Partners’ online community and event app
- Opportunities to formalize and announce partnerships on the spot, at the event
Partners of the Americas, founded in 1964 and part of President’ Kennedy’s Alliance for Progress, is a non-profit organization focused on building partnerships for prosperity in the Western Hemisphere. Partners of the Americas leads the 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund, the key program supporting President Obama’s signature educational initiative in the Americas, through a public-private collaboration with the White House, U.S. Department of State, and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
Partners of the Americas is proud to announce the host of this year’s Higher Education Partnership conference. With more than 114 thousand trainees and offering over 6 thousand courses, IECA is the lead government institution in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico for technical/vocational education and training. IECA’s main objective is to develop the knowledge and skills that people need in order to prosper in the labor market.